Recorded September 27th, 2012.
Darling to Madonna – Kikkawa Yuu
Suiyoubi no Alice – AKB48
Yoshi and his PS3
Dae and his Insanity
Dave plays some Hawken
Ono Erena “Erenyan” full PV
Sashihara Rino “Ikujinashi Masquerade” covers
Ikujinashi Masquerade PV Preview
Morning Musume “Wakuteka Take A Chance” PV temp ver.
Morning Musume “Wakuteka Take a Chance” covers
- Wada Ayaka suffers ligament injury to right ankle
- Takahashi Ai and Niikagi Risa to hold fan meet-up in Paris on 11/10
- Kudo Haruka to release image DVD on 11/07 + first photobook titled “Do” (as in Ku-do, get it?) on 10/27.
- Berryz Koubou to release 30th single “WANT!” on 12/19
- S/mileage to release new single “Samui ne” on 11/28
- New Mano Erina single titled “Next Myself!” to be released 12/12
- HKT48 2nd generation KKS announced
- NMB48 6th single titled “Kitagawa Kenji” + senbatsu
- SKE48 “Kiss Datte Hidarikiki” sells 511k first week. Album “Kono Hi no Chime wo Wasurenai” sells 111k copies first week.
- Watanabe Mayu third single titled “Hikaru Monotachi” to be released 11/21
- Sato Amina and Chikano Rina go on a blind date with some dudes
- SKE48 Inuzuka Asana returns to activities after suspension
- Itano Tomomi launches social networking site “Team Tomo”
- Saeed-Yokota Erena withdraws from AKB48
- Cheeky Parade to debut in 2013
- 9nine’s new single will be an ending theme song to the anime, “Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun” to be titled, “White Wishes”
- Vote for Fairies to appear on NTV’s Best Artist 2012
This question comes from the recent All Night NSK where the future of idols over the age of twenty was discussed and Antony talked about idols he classed as ‘old hags’ as being 18 and over.
Looking at AKB (and to a lesser extent SKE and NMB) there are many of the idol are over 18 and plenty are over twenty as well and with girls Such as Kojima Haruna, Oshima Yuko and of course Shinoda Mariko being closer to their mid-twenties than to being teenagers.
The flip side of this is from a group like Morning Musume, who with their new generations of girls in their early to mid teens are seen as very young.
So my question is, with the popularity of AKB and the increasing age of many of their popular members are they increasing the age of what might be seen as the ‘prime’ years to be an idol, moving it from say 14-18 up to perhaps 17-22 or something like that?